Part of the reason why I haven't been blogging much is honestly because it is such a drag to add the pictures when I'm on my tablet. And what a stupid reason not to write, right? So from now on I'm just going to post. Maybe I'll add in pictures later, maybe not. Besides, all the pretty pictures are on Instagram!
Last week was a recovery week. As proof that I haven't been particularly consistent with my training, I actually logged almost as many hours last week as the "work week" prior. Time to buckle down and do the work! With that, last week in review:
Swim - 1:38:06, 3750 meters
Bike - 02:29:43, 31.34 miles
Run - 01:01:53, 3.38 miles
Thumbs Up For
- Outdoor swims in the sunshine. So fun. I wish I wasn't so fair so I could do these more often. But maybe having them be infrequent makes each one a little sweeter?
- Getting out to the trails. Despite the super slow paces and deep mud, there really are fewer things that make me smile the way a crazy hot and humid run at Riverbend does.
- A solo recovery ride that actually felt easy. 15 miles, over 13 mph average (whaaaaa?) no fear, no medical issues. Holy crap, this was truly an amazing morning!
Thumbs Down For
- Comparing. I still have to fight to keep from comparing myself to others, particularly when it comes to paces. And that just tends to take the fun away.
- Fish Face Time Trial 1.2 mile Swim. I did HarborFest Swims the past two years, and they were some of my favorite events of the season. This year some changes were made to the event, making it less of a race and more of a supported training day. Yes, I supposed we could all use more open water training days. But I really wanted to pit myself against others in a race situation. Swimming is my favorite discipline, the one where I feel like I can actually get out there and give it my all. To have this event be turned into something else was disappointing.
This Friday is training day at Lake Anna! So excited for some swim bike fun with some of my favorite people.